Andrzej’s Blog: Five Benefits of Using a Professional Cleaning CompanyTuesday, September 29th, 2015
Hello everyone. This month I just wanted to talk briefly about the benefits of using a professional cleaning company over a private cleaner. Obviously there is the temptation of “going private” in order to save a couple of pounds, but there are definite advantages of sticking with a bigger firm…
1. Your cleaner will have been vetted, trained and be accountable to a manager, so you can be sure of a good, trustworthy and reliable service. If there are any problems or your needs change, you’ll be able to contact somebody at a more senior level to address the situation. There is the potential to build up a long working relationship with a company, they’ll know your requirements and needs even though you might eventually have several cleaners over a period of time.
2. If your cleaner is away on holiday, or is no longer able to work, a cleaning company will be able to arrange to have another cleaner come to you with no fuss or bother. You’ll have the reassurance of knowing they’ve been through the same screening process and training, and should be just as reliable as your regular or previous cleaner.
3. A cleaner provided through a professional company will be fully insured, meaning should an accident happen whilst they’re working, you’ll be fully covered and won’t end up footing the bill for expensive repairs or replacements. A private individual, with no liability insurance, could potentially leave you in the lurch should the worst happen, leaving those lower hourly rates looking like a false economy.
4. When you’re paying a professional company, you’ll know that the service is being provided legally and correct taxes are being paid. You’ll be able to have printed invoices and a choice of payment methods, meaning you won’t always have to remember to leave cash out on the table on cleaning day.
5. If you’re concerned for the welfare of your cleaner, booking one through a proper company is the best way to ensure that they’re earning at least the National Minimum Wage, that they’ll have sickness and holiday pay, and in general aren’t being exploited. At AG Cleaning Services, I’m very proud of the fact that we are introducing next year’s National Living Wage early, this October, with all cleaners making a minimum of £7.20 an hour and many experienced staff earning more than that. We also have a Cleaner of the Month scheme with a £50 bonus for outstanding service.
The importance of the welfare and happiness of our staff is second only to me to ensuring our clients have the highest quality and best value service we can provide.